Sunday, August 19, 2007

U.N.C.L.E.

I'm sitting at the desk again with the insomnia. That started with the whole daylight savings time and I thought that would be the end of it, but NO!

I have pictures of my family covering my desk. I was trying to decide if I wanted to read or watch television or just lie in bed praying for sweet sleep, when this picture of my son (one of my favorites) started looking weird to me.

I'm starting to wonder if this is really my son, or an actual 'Rooshan' spy in the guise of my son. Check it out. There is snow in the background. The hat, Russian down to the fur. He's obviously not a big fellow, but his coat is wide, so I'm thinking there are cool spy things hidden in it.

His left hand is freakishly long, almost like an amphibian device. The right hand seems normal, but there is a large ring-like implement on the third finger. I'm thinking some sort of locating device, or a transmitter.

Then, there is his face. Note the piercing eyes and the bushy,arched brows (which he gets from me - no, wait, he's not my son, he's a spy). And it looks like he's implanting something into the propellar of the plane while trying to look cool for the picture.

I'm thinking he's up to some evil and I would like to know what he's done with my son. Having said that and gotten to post a blog after a fairly stressful week, I think I'm going to sleep. I know it's summer, but keep your eyes open for guys in mad bomber hats.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

By golly I think you're right! Now, get some sleep before your son turns into something you really don't want to know about.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Things are pretty interesting at your house with a spy and all I suppose.

I used to love the Man from U.N.C.L.E.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he flew up North to get away from a suspected meth lab in your neighborhood.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I can seriously see Curtis as a spy...even a Russian one! However, you sound like you need to get about 24 hours of sleep!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

jeff - I have suspected him of being a vampire for years. Notice how you can't see his teeth in this picture?

heather - He actually hasn't lived with us for about four years now. I think he moved out so we wouldn't suspect his clandestine activities.

bill - SHHHH!

di - Yeah, after I finally got to sleep the other night, our weather radio woke me up 8 times. The last time was to say there was a flash flood warning in Kingfisher County. Ya think? Bless those people.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With your imagination, you should be writing scripts for Hollywood!!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

lois - It's amazing how sleep deprivation will mess with your mind. Although, I don't remember being particularly creative when I had infants in the house!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn they're on to me!!!!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home