Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Thousand Words

Fellow blogger (my mentor) Jeff invited people to post about their hobbies, so I decided to take him up on the offer. I've had lots of hobbies over the years. I used to sew a lot, even made my sister's wedding gown. I also did lots of crochet, needlepoint and embroidery. And I like to do stuff around the house like putting up ceiling fans, painting, landscaping and so forth. But the hobby that I have had the longest and love the most is photography. I have won some ribbons and such at fairs and photo contests at a local museum. Please bear with me for these photos. My husband is out of town and I lost the instructions on how to scan and transfer to my computer (computer not being a hobby), so these are pictures of pictures, not the best quality. But some of my favorites.













I like to photograph scenery, and Duluth was a great place for that! The first year we were there, I think I took ten rolls of film of the leaves changing in the fall. (We moved there from Corpus Christi, where I took pictures of the beach. I wasn't used to orange leaves.) There was a particularly nasty day with heavy wind. My mother-in-law was visiting. We were on a skywalk looking down onto the canal and the waves were awesome, blowing up onto the boardwalk. Of course I had to go. I would totally be one of those people out taking pictures of a tornado instead of running inside to get away from it.









Another favorite thing to photograph is architecture. From unusual angles. Boston was a great place for that. This was a really neat place to get the old and the new in one shot.I like this one of the JFK library. When I entered it in the museum contest, the curator called me to ask which side was up. I told him it didn't matter.










My kids have both taken an interest in photography and are very good, quite creative. I guess growing up with a mother who always has a camera in her hand rubbed off. They are far and away my favorite subjects when it comes to snapping pics. Because there is nothing more beautiful in my world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I love photography too.

Those are some amazing shots. You do great work!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

I can tell you love photography with the pics of your kids. Keep it up - I have about 30 albums and whenever anyone has a story I jump up and grab one and say "I have a picture of that!" It's kind of a family joke, but they love it.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Sweet, very nice pictures indeed. I can tell you have an artistic eye for what makes a good photograph. Thanks for playing along. I'll be posting everyone's links later tonight, so be prepared to have millions of visitors stopping by to check it out.

Ok, maybe an extra 5.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

jeff - I look forwards to the millions. Or the five.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you had a picture of Randy's expression when the police thought he was making meth in his research lab.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - Yeah, that would be cool!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home