Monday, July 16, 2007

Home on the Range

I have been in a slump or a funk or whatever and have not been motivated to post anything on my blog. Very sad. I haven't been inspired to write the last installment on our recent trip to Wisconsin and the harrowing trip home. I wouldn't even have to think much about it because the grisly details are still fresh in my head. No, just been feeling vaguely mopey-ish.

But today, something happened that catapulted my motivation into action. Jessica and I got in the van to run an errand. I usually go north out of our neighborhood and hang a left on the first street, which is right on the edge of town. So, fairly rural. Today, on a whim, I decided to take the twisty route south through our residential area for a change. I turned a corner and saw something interesting. It actually took a few seconds for it to register and go wait, what? That's just not right. I wasn't the only one, as traffic was stopped up and down the street. Of course, I had to grab the camera and take some pics for the blog.



I don't know if they were just out for some exercise, maybe wanted to play a little basketball or take a dip in the lake. I don't even know where they came from. But it is, after all, Oklahoma. Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain. And the cattle go strolling through the lawns.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

They chose a lovely area for their stroll. They probably just wanted to keep MOOving.

Yeah, I know. Bad.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the cows were on the way to COOL Minnesota!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

How do you know they didn't own that place?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

heather - Ooh, good pun. Yeah, they were trucking along, pretty oblivious to everyone gawking at them.

bill - Well, they were going north. Let me know if they show up on Trudeau.

jeff - Because they came from another place across the street. But they could have been scouting for some new digs. I hope they didn't find anything because I really don't want "their kind" in my neighborhood.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought things like that only could happen in Pond Creek. I guess Enid isn't that far from the country life!!!LOL

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am heading toward 90, so hurry up and write something!!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - okay, old man, I wrote something just for you!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing. It was worth the wait!!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home