Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Class of 2007

I'm still recovering from all the cleaning, company and ceremonies, but I miss the blog, so I figured I would slap up a few pictures from all the excitement. Until my brain is working better.








I had ordered this very cool cake at the supermarket bakery. I was really excited when I picked it up and saw how great it looked. Then, when I was putting something else in the shopping cart, the obvious suddenly occurred to me - "We're going to have to cut her face!" Interestingly enough, nobody else was bothered by that, least of all my daughter. There was, however, much discussion during the consumption of the confection about the horrors of face-eating people and such.

The graduation ceremony was nice and not terribly long, for which we were all grateful. And now we have another hi skool grajeate.We had people in and out and in again at all hours of the day and night. Lots of food coming in and out of the fridge, daily trips to the grocery store, a few loads in the dishwasher, and lots and lots of fun. One night everyone got to try their hand at being a rock star when they hooked up Guitar Hero. I was snapping pictures and telling them all they looked too serious and they were like, "Mom, this is harder than it looks!" But I asked them just for a minute to act like real rock stars so I could get a photo. Sigh. I never learn.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, you are icredible---what a celebration you put on!!! Sure would have been fun, to have been there!! And the cake--it was bautiful--too nice to cut!! Congratulations again to Jess, and thanks for the nice card. Love--Lois

6:50 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

lois - I love making big celebrations out of people's important events and I love having the house full! By the way, the cake was delicious.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I had the same thought when I got a cake with my daughter's face on it! It seems nice at first until you realize someone will be eating your child's face. Ack.

Sounds like a great time was had!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

heather - I never even thought about the eating part. But the whole slashing thing just suddenly made me cringe! We did have a great time, and I did try the guitar thing and yes, it is harder than it looks. "We told you so."

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Are you saying they weren't acting like rock stars?

And yes, Guitar Hero IS hard!

Congrats on your big day Jess!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the guitar player Jess's boyfriend?

6:48 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

jeff - When they were actually playing a song, they looked like they were constipated. The rest of the time, they were acting like rock stars!

lois - Yes, that is the boyfriend (who gave her a promise ring last week . . .) Looks a lot like Curtis, doesn't he?

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking that the boyfriend looks like Curtis. I am glad to know it isn't just my imagination. From the various pics you have posted, it looks like he is as awesomely crazy as Curtis, too. Wow, I really miss you guys!!!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking that the boyfriend looks like Curtis. I am glad to know it isn't just my imagination. From the various pics you have posted, it looks like he is as awesomely crazy as Curtis, too. Wow, I really miss you guys!!!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why it posted that comment twice, but I do mean it double. LOL

9:06 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

di - Yeah, he and Curtis are about even on the crazy scale all right!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Cut her face?

HHEHEHE

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of Stuart on lead guitar... as for me, I don't crash weddings.. I crash pictures.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home