Saturday, April 07, 2007

In Your Easter Bonnet

I'm just a kid at heart, and I still like to do little kid things. Fireworks, trampolines, slides, swingsets, roller coasters, watching animated Disney movies, playing in the sand - those are all activities that can still make me giggle. I didn't like it when my kids got old enough to assemble their own Legos. Then I didn't get to spend hours on Christmas Eve creating castles or pirate ships or jungles. I still like to color in coloring books. Every once in awhile, I'll read some book or another that I loved when I was a kid. I like to run. I don't like to "train" for things, I just like running. I love golf, but just because it's a game. If I had to compete, it would ruin it.

On that note, here is what my eighteen year old daughter and I did yesterday afternoon.



HAPPY EASTER!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for fun---and oh how adorable!!!I used to do fun things like that, and it makes me kinda sad that I don't feel like doing them any more. I can only chaulk it up to getting older and just not having the energy I used to have. HAPPY EASTER to you wonderful people--love you all!!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our eggs are the coolest.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter too all of the K family! Those eggs are soooo cute!

We had the big egg hunt in Pond Creek today. It took my group (2nd & 3rd graders) 1 minutes and 15 seconds to clear it out. Tom timed it. LOL!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - I remember - all the time it takes to stuff the eggs, sort them, plant them, and then it's like a swarm of locusts hits. But it's worth it!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Mooselet said...

How cute!!! I hope you had a great Easter.

BTW, I like to read the Little House on the Prairie books - they were some of my favs when I was young.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny-Tom refers to it as a plague of locusts. LOL!

You're right, it is worth it-lots of fun!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

mooselet - I never read the Little House books, which is weird because I live almost in the Ingalls' backyard! Bobbsey Twins, Mother West Wind and Nancy Drew were my faves.

tracy - Anyone who's ever seen "the hunt" would know where the locust image comes from!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Very creative. I'll have to attempt the egg-coloring next year with my kids.

I love coloring with my kids, but they never let me finish my page before they get tired of it.

My 4-year-old daughter is just getting into letting me read chapter books to her. We've read Betsy-Tacy by Maude Hart Lovelace so far.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

we are truly kindred spirits! We, however, didnt' do eggs for the first time this year. I was sad. Easter just really snuck up on us with Katie's little mishap and some other unexpected stuff. Oh well....You are a burst of sunshine in my life. I just love reading your blog! I totally cracked up on the names of the cars! Too funny!!!!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home