Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lost

Recent conversation with hubby.
He: "Do we have anymore jelly?" (I make my own jam and jelly and had made a new batch a few days ealier.)
Me: "Yes."
He: "Where might I find it?"
Me: "In the white pantry." (That's the only place it's ever been kept in this house.) He had already looked in the white pantry to no avail. But here's the thing.



You have to move the jug of coffee.
Conversation this morning with hubby.
He: "Where's the New Mexico cup?" I thought he was asking me where in New Mexico this year's version of The America's Cup was to be held. Then, I realized he was talking about his current favorite cup for morning coffee.


I grew up in New Mexico, but I actually bought this cup at a garage sale in Duluth. Go figure.

Me: "It's in the cupboard."
He told me he had looked everywhere for the cup. In the dishwasher, in the car, in the cupboard, and it wasn't anywhere. He was actually having to drink his coffee from some lame blue mug. So I went to the cupboard where the New Mexico cup is kept.



Now that he knows there is another side to the cup, I am hopeful that we will be able to avoid this kind of trauma in the future. Nobody needs that first thing in the morning.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! We have those same kinds of conversations at my house. I'm so glad I'm not the only "Finder of Lost Things". LOL

1:06 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - Nope, I'm pretty sure it's a universal thing!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Of course you realize that every wife in the universe is going to be all, "OMG - my husband's the EXACT same way!!!" I'm pretty sure it's one of the side effects of wearing a wedding ring.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

h-man - That's why I wrote it. I'm a blatant comment whore and I know that every wife in the universe reads my blog. Duh.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Mooselet said...

Not only is my husband this way, so are my two eldest children.

Loved the coffee cup one!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you pegged it with this one. And I have to not only know exactly where everything is at home, but at the NAPA store,too. Try keeping track of everything both places. If it is under something or behind something it is lost!!! Unfortunately, Mandy is almost as bad. I don't know what they do at her house, because John isn't any different. At our last house (where we lived for 18 years) Danny would always go in the kitchen and start opening every cabinet lokking for the glasses. I never moved them, but up until the last day, he could never find them. And of course it isn't any different at this house. We have only lived there for 2-1/2 years, but I am not holding out any hope for things to improve!!!!And I also loved the coffee cup one! That is priceless!!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I am very impressed you make your own jelly!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fat girl who said, "My cup runneth over"!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny--and SO true!!!Bill can never find something, that is "right there" where it always is!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

mooselet - My children are also challenged when it comes to locating. It must be in the genes.

di - I don't even want to think about the stuff you have to find at NAPA! BTW, I didn't know you moved into a different house. I'm so out of the loop.

tuesday - I've been doing it since I was a kid in 4-H. It really is way better than the store stuff!

anon - I could be wrong, but I think your real name starts with a B.

lois - I figured you would relate, living with B and all . . .

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lois lives with William, and yes, I should have said "ample' girl.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Too funny. I love that the mug was just turned around.

And just so you know, my husband does do the same type of things.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home