Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's in a Name?

Someone sent me an interesing e-mail the other day, and I feel compelled to share. It was a list of legitimate companies who have seriously flawed web addresses. For instance, there is a website where you can go to find the name of the agent that represents any given celebrity. I don't know why you'd want to, but if you do, just go to www.whorepresents.com.

The next one is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views, called Experts Exchange. They had the good sense to change their domain name, probably because they were getting hits from pervs at this address: www.expertsexchange.com.

Then there is a wonderful pen company, where you can get custom made writing instruments. Unfortunately, their web address evokes an image that has nothing to do with fountain pens. Check them out at www.penisland.net. Please note: that's dot net, NOT dot com.

Need a therapist? You can find one at www.therapistfinder.com. You can check out an Italian power generator company at www.powergenitalia.com. Or IP computer software at www.ip_anywhere.com.



Last, but not least, you can find the designers at Speed of Art at their wonderful site, www.speedofart.com. I'm going to lob this one into Jeff's court because he is the expert on all things poopy and gaseous, and he was asking for blog post ideas awhile back. It's okay, Jeff, you can thank me later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sometimes spaces and punctuation are VERY neccessary eh?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

heather - You know it!

5:48 PM  
Blogger KiddoKare1 said...

LOL! Talk about not going back and proofreading before you decide on using something.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - Makes you wonder which ones did it on purpose just to get traffic, which I'm sure they did.

8:37 AM  
Blogger KiddoKare1 said...

Now Linda, I never thought of that! LOL! I just assumed they were all innocent mistakes. Goes to show how gullible and naive I can be.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - Nah, you'd have to be jaded and suspicious like me. :-)

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a fountain pen.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

All I can say is, if I have a sex change I damn well HOPE it's done by an expert! Funny stuff. :-)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - I don't think they make 'those' kinds of pens.

jeff - My thoughts exactly!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home