Saturday, July 10, 2010

Still Driving Around

Sooo . . . Jess and I went to the Castleberry family reunion (my maiden name). This is an annual event, on this weekend because my grandfather was born on the fourth of July. Our family went in 1990 and 1999, which means none of us had been there in eleven years. Jess and I stopped at a couple of interesting places on the way out to Illinois.

Outside of a hot dog place. I don't know why.



One of the reasons I love Route 66. World's Largest Rocking Chair.



That's Jess with my great Aunt Grace. I'm not sure how old Aunt Grace is, but I'm guessing at least ninety. And let me tell you, I had trouble keeping up with her when I was following her out to her farm. Maniac.



We left Illinois with Grandma Castleberry and went to Branson. Grandma and I caught the Patsy Cline show, very nice, while Jess caught the Outlet Mall. We also went to The Butterfly Palace and The Chinese Acrobats.



All in all a great trip, now we are getting ready to go to Minnesota. Randy is going to the Boundary Waters and I am getting some more quality time with my daughter-in-law. More pics soon, she has a baby horse!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Randy said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Well, Grace's brother (your Grandfather) was born July 4, 1912. So if he was alive today, he would be 98. As close as I can tell (not very close) I would put Grace at 96!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

randy - That's amazing because she doesn't look or act more than about 70!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Cheap Hotels Washington DC said...

It really looks like that you had an amazing trip....great...

2:05 AM  
Blogger L.O.V.E. said...

great trip!
i'm jelous of grandma, my died when i was 5 years old.
and i love usa too!
i hope i will attend to columbia university there!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Promotional Pens said...

Route 66, just classic... so much American History and so fun!

11:54 PM  
Blogger hapi said...

Hi Mom Thumb, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

2:55 PM  
Blogger UpbeatBubble said...

Mom! Write more!!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger my 607 yes said...

I just like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and test again right here regularly. I’m rather certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!
コーチポピー
コーチマディソン
コーチ財布
コーチショルダーバッグ
コーチ Coach 小物
www.kayojp.biz

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Buy OneNote 2010 said...

Store, share, and reuse business process diagrams and subprocesses through Microsoft Visio 2010 Product Key integration with SharePoint 2010 Process Repository.
When you first start Project 2010 Product Key, you may be surprised by what you see. The menus and toolbars have been replaced with the ribbon, which helps you quickly find the commands that you need to complete a task. Commands are organized in logical groups that are collected together under tabs.
Acrobat 9 Pro Product Key includes Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES software for advanced form creation.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home