Saturday, March 13, 2010

Road Trip!

Spring break, so Jess and I are headed west. Spring break this year is Grand Canyon. Here are some pics from our first (long) day on the road. Hubby and I drive by this place on some of our travels for my job. This has to be the most evil chili I have ever seen.



Here is a giant windmill farm. I love these things. They kind of look like they are dancing.



Then we stopped in Amarillo for lunch. This is the place where you can get a 72 ounce steak, small salad, baked potato, shrimp cocktail, and roll free if you can eat it in an hour. While we were there they had three guys from Cushing, Oklahoma, attempting this feat. I think they came close, but no cigar. This actually draws quite a crowd around the glutton wannabes. I don't know if people think they are going to actually witness someone accomplishing it, but I would be afraid I would see projectile . . . well, you get the picture.



And then in Tucumcari (which creeped hubby and me out a couple of years ago) I got to see the Route 66 sculpture.



Now we are chilling in Las Cruces and going to pick up my friend, Mary, in the morning. Then we're going to El Paso to show Jess where she was born, her first house, and all that cool stuff. After that, on to Albuquerque where we will get to see my nephew's new baby (who hasn't arrived yet, but is, after 30 something hours making her mother wish she would). Then on down Route 66 to Winslow, Arizona, where we will be taking pictures on the corner.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Jess said...

LUCY COW!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Di said...

Welcome back to the blogisphere! I have missed your travels, pics, and wonderful insights into mankind. I am traveling the USA via your blog, so keep it up! I miss you, by the ay, so this way I keep in touch with what you are doing.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

jess - Yes!

di - Thanks, it's nice to be missed! I'll post more pictures in awhile.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Envoi rapide et soigne sacoche louis vuitton homme , point tel que decrit, je vous remercie Ballerines Chanel pas cher !

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO…. !!!!!!!! Please VISIT and REGISTER to this link now !

Online Test Papers.com is an online assessment service for students between grades 1 to 12 where students can assess their strengths and weakness in various subjects for free. Most online tests are free.
http://www.onlinetestpapers.com

Welcome to List of Placement Consultants from around the world. This site provides a large data base of placement consultants from a number of countries and we constantly keep updating our database regularly.
http://www.listofplacementconsultants.com

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO…. !!!!!!!! Please VISIT and REGISTER to this link now !

Online Test Papers.com is an online assessment service for students between grades 1 to 12 where students can assess their strengths and weakness in various subjects for free. Most online tests are free.

http://www.onlinetestpapers.com

Welcome to List of Placement Consultants from around the world. This site provides a large data base of placement consultants from a number of countries and we constantly keep updating our database regularly.

http://www.listofplacementconsultants.com

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home