Monday, August 31, 2009

21 Already?!

Twenty one years ago, this beautiful little person came into our lives.



Nurse: "Oh, whose little blonde baby girl is this?"
Randy: "MINE!"



First birthday at Chuck E. Cheese in Corpus Christi. She was the only little girl not screaming whenever Chuck E. or one of his friends came near.



This is on her second birthday. I didn't scan the photo of her in her pointy birthday hat stuffing cake into her mouth with her fist because it was Corpus Christi in August and the only thing she was wearing - besides the hat - was a diaper.



Her fifth birthday party at Ruttger's Resort in Bemidji, Minnesota, with her grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins.



Tenth birthday at her grandparents' new house in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. She and I spent the day at the Mall of America.



Fifteenth birthday at the bowling alley. A month later, she and her friend did their annual combined birthday party (Kate's birthday is in November). Kate's mom and I drove twelve kids to Greenleaf State Park where we rafted down a river. Then we checked into this cabin. Jan and I took the bed, the kids sacked out literally wall to wall in their bedrolls on the floor.




Last Saturday her friends threw her a party at the home of one friend's parents (who happen to have a backyard pool). They also rented a moonwalk.



Today we went to Stillwater to take her out to lunch at Chili's. She ordered a Jamaican Paradise, and boy, did her eyes light up when she got carded!



Happy Birthday Jess, we love you!

12 Comments:

Blogger KiddoKare1 said...

Oh my! Happy Birthday Jessica! I cannot believe she is 21!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Di said...

We are growing older every day, aren't we! I love the relationships you have with your kids! You and Jess have a great time in Vegas, and win lots of money! Happy Birthday Jessica!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - You and me both!

di - Thanks Di, Jess is so excited she's about to jump out of her skin!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Excellent! Happy birthday Jess! I remember you from when your were in the 5-10ish range. You were a total cutie... and still are. ;-)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

jeff - She is a cutie, with a great big heart. Vegas pics coming up.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Jess said...

I'm a bit late, but thanks to everyone for the good wishes! And thanks Mom, for the wonderful post and fantastic birthday! =D

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

It was a fun Vegas birthday! I think I need to write a new post, though, yikes, it's been three weeks.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Bill said...

Hi! we are waiting.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - I know, I have been super busy, got lots to write about. This is what happens when I join Facebook!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are about to loose your blogger license from inactivity

5:28 PM  
Blogger Di said...

I miss you!!!!!!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww I love the pics of my adorable little sister :-P

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home