Friday, March 14, 2008

Sailing Away

So, tomorrow morning, Jess and I are heading south to Galveston for an overnight stay before boarding a cruise ship Sunday morning. We are going to Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Cozumel. Needless to say, we are pretty excited. I'd be more excited if I looked better in my bathing suit, but oh well.

I am hoping to get onto the computer while asea, but Royal Caribbean's version of nominal internet fee may quite well be vastly different than mine. So I may post once or twice this week, or I may wait until we get back, on Easter Sunday.

Having said that, here is the big news. Our son, Curtis, and the lovely Christina, are engaged. So now we have a future daughter-in-law/fiancee, who already feels like our daughter. We couldn't be happier!

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oooo. Have fun on your cruise.

And congrats to your son on his engagement.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you---going on a cruise!!!We've been on 2 of them, and loved it!!! I like to eat fun and new things, and that's what you do on cruises!!! Christina is so beautiful!!! And we got to be the first to congratulate them. And what a handsome groom Curtis is going to be----Wow, what a gorgeous couple they will make!!!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P,S,----I puit in my name, but it didn't print, so, Love from Lois

9:19 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

heather - Thanks, and you take care of you and baby on board.

lois - I've been on two cruises also, one with the whole family and one with my sister. I'm looking forward to the one with my daughter, won't get much vacation time with her in a few years' time. I'm glad you got to be the first to congratulate Curtis and Christina - you have been an important part or our lives!

11:38 PM  
Blogger KiddoKare1 said...

Oh, have fun on the cruise! Congrats to Curtis and Christina.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Wow, that's awesome news! You're going to be a MIL eh? Make sure you give it a good name ;-)

So where's the wedding and what time do I need to be there?

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, I am soooo jealous! Have fun for all of us, and take lots of pics! A mother/daughter vacation would be so much fun!!! And again tell Curtis and Christina congratulations!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - I think we will. We had a great time just on the drive down!

jeff - I had a good MIL role model next door to me for five and a half years.

The wedding is set for May 16th 2009. I'll let you know about the time. Do The Receders play weddings?

di - We have been looking forward to it for months!

Thanks everyone for the congrats to C & C!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home