Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Bee

Okay, almost a month since the last post and I've been busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Here's a quick update. The toe was broken, we stopped in Wichita on the way to Minnesota at a doc we used to go to there. He said just tape it, elevate and ice it and get some Nike Shox, which I was going to do anyway because they are what I wear for our walks and mine were worn out. I wore them to my niece's birthday party with a sundress, and then with my little black dress to Curtis' future parents-in-law 20th anniversary vow renewal ceremony, which I photographed. Here are my adorable children cutting up before the nuptials.



The next day was my son's 23rd birthday. Here is a picture of him and his fiancee and sis with their ASL teacher from Eden Prairie, a most entertaining and intelligent individual.



When we got home, Jess picked up this little number that she had acquired right before the trip. She has been a challenge to house train.



The biggest reason for not blogging is that we (as a home-based company) have had a large job, requiring many hours. We worked through the fourth of July, our silver wedding anniversary, and I worked several hours yesterday for my birthday. Kind of a drag except I invoiced the client today and realized it's all good.

Other than that, Jess went to a Cubs/Cardinals game over the fourth and got this amazing pic.



We also moved Jess into her apartment in Stillwater for the upcoming semester, got the patio finished and planted some tomatoes. Oh, and we got to see one of Jessica's friends star as Lt. Joe Cable in "South Pacific" at our local community theatre. He is majoring in musical theatre at Ball state and he is amazing.





Those are the tomatoes on the right, they are a little dry from the heat. The tree on the left has died. I am planning to put flowers in the planter by the window and some big pots with ferns on the patio. Maybe a small water feature. In my spare time.

Last, but certainly not least, last Sunday we went to Oklahoma City to celebrate hubby's Professional Engineering License certificate ceremony. He studied very hard (and we had a very questionable hotel stay the night before his first test) and we are really proud of him.



So that is what we have been doing while I have not been posting on the blog. Tonight, I am getting ready to go back to Minnesota. Hubby and I and six others are going to go to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area on a canoeing/camping expedition. I am being very protective of my toe. And I will be sure to post when we get back next week.

Oh! I almost forgot my most amazing feat of all. I sucessfully separated Siamese squash. After which I sauteed them in olive oil . . . and we ate them. Is that wrong?



P.S. In a future post, I would like to highlight this amazing new product.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop by. If your group wants to sleep downstairs, you are welcome.--Bill

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I guess we will have to forgive you for not blogging. And I thought I have been busy! I hope you had a nice birthday, and congrats on the anniversary. Tell the kids "Hi". And I still miss Curtis. No one else has ever been able to take his place at asking the most questions!!!! He does need a haircut, though. I remember the 70's and 80's when the guys hair was always that long, but I hadn't really missed it much. I kinda like seeing eyes and ears on people. Have fun on your canoe trip. That is something I will probably never experience. I just don't like water that much, I guess. Especially rapidly moving water.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to say congratulations to Randy. I even read about him in the Enid newspaper! And I can't wait to read about the plastic fish...or whatever it is..LOL

6:33 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - We are going to be through sometime Friday morning, but we have a schedule to stick to to get camp set up. But we will be back through on Monday evening and are planning to eat dinner at Grandma's in Canal Park. Would you and Lois want to meet us and dine with us? We could be in touch once we get out earlier in the day to let you know what time. It's us and the kids, Christina, Trevin (a friend of Jess) and Randy's folks.

di - Thanks, and the kids say 'hi.' Curtis did cut his hair a few inches.

The water up there isn't usually rapid, just nice clear lakes. Of course, that doesn't mean canoes don't tip once in awhile. And I have my camera . . .

7:47 AM  
Blogger KiddoKare1 said...

Congrats to Randy! That's great news!

I remember the "Hotel Horror" story.

The little puppy is cute!

Josh's hair is pretty long right now too. It seems to be driving everyone crazy, which I think is why he likes it that way. LOL.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Holy cow... that's a lot of congrats! I guess you guys have been busy!

20 years is awesome. That's so cool you renewed your vows again.

Happy B-day to Curtis! His fiancee is gorgeous!

Congrats to Randy on his PEL cert. That's huge!

I sure wish I could join you guys at Grandmas, but Monday won't work for me. That's twice in MN without hooking up. We gotta figure something out!

Have fun on your trip... and make sure to wear steel-toed sandals.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - Thanks! Yeah, I think that the fact that it drives people crazy is a big factor in keeping the out of control hair. Curtis actually let Randy cut his before our canoe trip and I think he's glad he did - the mosquitoes would have nested in it!

jeff - Okay, you must read more carefully. The 20 year vow renewal ceremony was last month, and it was Curtis' fiancee's parents. We just celebrated our 25th, and my hubby would NEVER do a vow renewal. And the invite to Grandma's was addressed to Bill and Lois, although, if I didn't know you would be at work, I certainly would have extended it to you. We actually missed them, also, because we got to Duluth way earlier than expected.

But thanks for all the congrats and we did have a great time on our trip. There will be pictures soon. :-)

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you missed us last Tuesday. I finally took off my good clothes, and told Lois that I did not think you were coming. Don't feel bad, I have been stood up by girls all my life. Say hello to the gang, and I am glad you had fun.--Bill

5:43 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - Hope you got the e-mail. Sorry to have missed you guys. After three days of no showers or cell phones, the kids were highly motivated to break camp early, so we got into Duluth hours before originally planned!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah huh, didn't you get my E-Mail, have I heard that before? Just kidding, it would have been fun to make a connection. I am glad you did not wake us up in the middle of the night because at 81 a man really needs the beauty nap!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Oops... well I got most of it right - does that count? I thought it was strange that you two were only married a year longer than us. ;-)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home