Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 Revisited

We had a lot of 'firsts' this past year. Big deal birthdays, a wedding, Randy opted out of corporate America. Since 2007 is almost here, I thought I'd share a few of our memories from the year gone by.

It started out pretty quiet. We drove to Minnesota in February, and I went again in May. Jess moved back to Oklahoma in June.



Curtis came home in June for his 21st birthday. He flew this plane down and his cousin flew another with Aunt Lisa and two nieces. The next birthday was mine, in July. I turned fifty, with mixed feelings.



My nephew got married in July, so Randy flew us to Albuquerque for that. His is the first marriage on either side of the family. Jess and I did the photography.




There is my daughter, the firefighter, my son, the cowboy, and my niece, the chief.

And here I am dancing with my handsome son.

The day after we got home from that, Randy left his job and we had to let go of our 12 year old Golden Retriever, Rusty. In the following months, Jessica bought a motorcycle (ugh), had her 18th birthday, voted for the first time. Randy started a business, I started a blog, Jess finished high school. All in all, an interesting and busy year. In closing, I would like to say Happy New Year, and post one more photograph. This is from a Christmas years ago in Duluth. I don't know what's going on, but from the expressions on the faces of my children, I am going to assume it has something to do with the passing of gas.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were sure right when you said your "handsome son". I'll bet he's got a lot of gals going nuts over him!!!! Like WOW!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

lois - He gets flirted with constantly and he's mostly oblivious to it. He sure did look good in that tux!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Wow - it really has been quite the year for you guys!

I can't believe how grown up Curtis is. I can only remember him and Jess from whenst they were teenie-tots.

O-bla-di, O-bla-da life goes on...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

h-man - you said it! I first saw your daughter as a baby right before we moved away from Duluth. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family. Thanks for introducing me to blogging and all your help and encouragement. You may call me Grasshopper.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are doing great. Don,t be too suprised if they move you to the fourth grade.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

bill - really? They're going to skip me two grades? That would rock!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I can't believe how much C has changed since I saw him last. My goodness! He's really grown up!

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops that last one was from me! Forgot to enter my name!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - yeah, he's been in Minnesota for three and a half years, and he's changed quite a bit. Happy New Year to you guys!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Your kids are so adorable. I loved the photo in my Christmas card but yeah...whew! that tux....
What a hottie!
I remember him as the goofy little pre teen putting on make up and letting the girls do his hair. Bet I could drag those photos out of the archives but I sure would not want retaliation so I'll leave well enough alone! :0)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home