Thursday, November 02, 2006

Deliver us from Evil

I am counting down the hours until next Tuesday's election in much the same way that children count down the days until Christmas. No, I don't love election day. I'm just sick to death of political ads. These snarky, whining, mud-slinging politicians behave like sugared-up two year olds and expect our vote? How arrogant. So, in honor of November 7th, 2006, here are some of the more ridiculous ads in my neck of the woods.

"He's a perennial candidate. Our candidate gets things done. The other guy will do or say anything just to get elected to something!" It named off about six offices he had run for in the past and it confused me to the point that I don't even know what he's running for now.

"He represented a prostitute, a drug dealer and a convicted rapist. He represents them. We can't let him represent us." A defense attorney running for state representative.

"Too liberal for Oklahoma." Thanks. Way to stereotype an entire state.

"Are you tired of a Labor Commissioner who won't go to work?" Accompanied by pictures of a sign that says "Ghost Commissioner" and video of a woman who keeps hitting the snooze button on her alarm.

"He's not even a CPA. He majored in P.E." Running for State Auditor. Probably running because, after all, he majored in P.E.

"If you can't count to ten, you shouldn't win." The other guy running for State Auditor.

Our governor has a non- negative ad about how we are "Best in the Nation," in which he cleverly rhymes nation with innovation, administration and education.

A woman discussing why we should not vote for the defense attorney mentioned above: "Our grandson was violated at school by a teacher. The teacher was a pervert." Duh.

And to top it all off, we now get to hear Kerry and Bush fighting it out yet again. Thought we were done with that.

I had to go to this site (http://www.dontvote.com/map.html) to get the scoop, because I pretty much can't believe anything any of these guys say. I'll just be glad when it's over. Until 2008.

I'd be interested in hearing interesting ads from other parts of the country.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an ad like this (with nods to Curtis and Eric): "Nice hair. Too bad about the face."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you-I get so sick of the political ads. I will be so glad when it's over.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The TV ads don't bother me so much as the phone calls. I've started to tell them that I'm keeping track of how many calls I get from each party and that I'm voting for whatever party calls me the least.

I'm sure they don't care, but it makes me feel slightly better.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

tracy - yeah, it kind of funks up the whole holiday spirit

heather - good for you! If your vote makes a difference, why not your feedback on the calls.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Charli Lee said...

It's getting to the point where I can't wait until the election... not to bring a better person into office, BUT SO THE STUPID ADS WILL GO AWAY!!!`

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mom Thumb said...

H-man - Yeah, and the bad part is that, after watching them act like fools, I don't want to vote for ANY of them!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home